Hmm... your answers.... lets see how they fit....
1. billie jean is not my lover, she's just a girl who says that I am the one.
Correct. You get one point.
2. hush, hush , keep it down now, voices carry.
Correct. This one's worth two.
3. shout , shout , let it all out.
Right on. Tears from the Big Chair... (1 point)
4. Oh, I wish that I had jessie's 's girl.
Oh no, how could you miss this one? Don't you want Jessie's girl? (For the record, Rick Springfield is the one who gender-bent the spelling.)
5. People are people , so why should it be
Bingo. 1 point.
6. We are living in a material world, and I am a material girl.
Yes. 1/2 a point. Way too easy!
7. I'll love you with all the joy of living until the lights go out in new yourk city .
Early Erasure... New York City.
8. video killed the radio star.
Been watching MTV I see... 2 points. Most people miss this one.
9. She blinded me with science .
Yes. What a stupid song. 1 point.
10. Gonna wrap you up in my love .
Shoop be doo... gonna dress you up in my love...
11. She told me to walk this way, she told me to walk this way.
Oh man.. Run DMC plus Aerosmith. She told me to walk this way.. she told me to talk this way
12. invisible man sleeping in your bed.
For three points... you remembered who ya gonna call.
13. It's just another manic monday .
Yes. 1/2 a point. Easy!
14. I'm never going to feel again the way I feel with you.
Sorry...no. He's never gonna dance again the way he danced with you b/c guilty feet have got no rythmn.
15. sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree.
No one sounds good singing along to this song... 1 point.
16. We're gonna rock down to electric avenue .
You know.. this isn't the electric slide song. 1 point.
17. How long, how long must I sing this song .
Yep. Bono at his most self righteous. 2 points.
18. whip , whip it good.
I was going for Devo, but Salt N Pepa is also acceptable. 1/2 point for either push or whip.
19. He turned to me as if to say, " blank , blank it's waiting there for you."
Hurry boy. Everybody misses this. Look up the lyrics to Africa on the cheatsheet.
20.It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine .
Only one point. Totally overplayed REM.
21. Come on, pour some sugar on me, in the name of love .
What exactly IS sugar, anyway? 1 point.
22. dude looks like a lady.
yep. 1 point
23. Bow down before the one you serve , you're going to get what you deserve
Did Trent mean this to become an S and M theme song?... oh yeah.. 2 points.
24. red, red wine
1 measly point
25. Oh, yeah, we're blank there, oh, oh we're living on a prayer.
We're halfway there... living on a prayer
26. Make you wonder how the blank blank blank .
Makes you wonder how the other half die.. from Devil Inside? INXS?
27. time after time If you're lost and you look you will find me.
Correct. 1 points.
28. Don't turn arounf der kommisar's in town.
Don't turn around.
29. Our house in the middle of our street .
Yes. 1 point.
30. Wet bus stop , she's waiting, his car is warm and dry.
Sting.. the guy who sings about stalkers AND pedophiles (if you read the lyrics). (2 pts.)
31. She told me to come but I was already there.
And you shook... 1 point out of this question.(I know it's cheesy, but it's hard to come up with 204 smart-assed remarks.)
32. Who do you want me to be to make you sleep with me?
You get 2 points for knowing Obsession.
33. I got my first real six - string , Bought it at the five-and-dime.
It was the summer of 69.. I wasn't even born yet, were you? 3 points
34. But if you see me walk by , and the tears are in my eyes.
If you see Chicago walking by, look away.
35. Like no other, before you know it, you'll be on your knees .
She's an easy lover. What happened to the Phil Collins of my youth? He sounds like Disney on Ice now... (2 pts.)
36. Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight It must've been some kind of kiss .
This one is TOO easy. 1/2 point.
37. Can't stop now, I've traveled so far, to change this blank blank .
38. I don't need to fall at your feet Just 'cause you cut me to the bone
what a wierd lyric.. you get 1 point.
39. Your moves are so raw I've got to let you know
he made leather pants sexy. 1 point.
40. She'll only come out at night , ooh Here she comes She's a maneater
1/2 a point. no annoying comments b/c it's 12:46 AM.
41. And the full moon that hangs over These blank in the blank
The Video That Used the Most Dry Ice Award goes to Heart for These Dreams. The lyrics is these dreams in the mist
42. Please, louise , Pull me offa my knees
Cut loose foot loose... 1 point
43. Come on baby, make it hurt so good Sometimes love don't feel like it should
I just don't see Mr. Cougar Melloncamp as a masochist.. (1pt)
44. I walk along the city streets You used to walk along with me, And every step I take reminds me Of just how we used to be.
This one's hard. 4 points.
45. If you leave , don't leave now. Please don't take my heart away
Yet another pathetic 80's ballad... which you knew for 1 point.
46. Lay a whisper on my pillow Leave the winter on the ground
wow. you are good. 5 points
47. Sometimes I feel I've got to run away, I've got to run away
One's run, the other's get.
48. I have blank I have blank I have scaled these city walls
Go get out your copy of the Joshua Tree. Listen to it.
49. little red Corvette Baby you're much 2 fast
i wanna know about those jockies that were there before his symbol-ness. (1 point)
50. We gotta install microwave ovens Custom kitchen deliveries
I know whose voice is singing 'I want my MTV'... do you? By the way, you got one point for this one.
51. rock me Amadeus
If anyone can tell me why we all bought this song, I'd love to hear it. Half a point for this one.
52. You were born in the city concrete under your feet
You must have had the Miami Vice soundtrack, too! 2 points
53. My blood runs cold My memory has just been sold
My angel is a centerfold...well, now she'd have a webcam.com ... 1 point
54. She's got a smile that it seems to me Reminds me of childhood memories
Whatever happened to Axl after that tragic spaghetti incident? Half a point
55. You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
No one ever gets this... 4 points!
56. It's a nice day for a white wedding
I'm still trying to imagine Billy Idol at Any wedding. 2 points!
57. Woke up to reality And found the future not so bright
Wow. 4 pts
58. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance ; Well they're no friends of mine
There's no better dance, than a Safety Dance. 2
59. For just one moment To be bold and naked At your side
Ok, did you know the song, or did you just figure that if you were bold by someone's side, you oughta be naked? 1 pt, btw.
60. Your heart sweats, your body shakes Another kiss is what it takes
Shania Twain should be shot for ripping off his videos. Half a point, everyone knows this one.
61. Every rose has its thorn Just like every night has it's dawn
Poison, dude! 1 point for this one.
62. Sometimes you're better off dead There's a gun in your hand and it's pointing at your head
You think you're mad, you're too unstable. Kicking at chairs and knocking down tables, in restaraunt, in a west end town. Call the police, there's a madman around... okokok I'll stop... 1 pt
63. You spin me right round, baby right round like a record , baby
they'd have to make it 'CD' now. 2 points
64. Remember after the fire after all the rain I will be the flame
2 points, and I'm out of smartass comments. Take your points and go.
65. You got a fast car But is it fast enough so we can fly away
An actual artist! From the 80's! 1 point
66. All alone I have cried silent tears full of pride in a world made of steel , made of stone.
Exactly how many body doubles did Jennifer Beals have in this movie? 3 points
67. You're a real tough cookie with a long history Of breaking little hearts like the one in me
2 points. Hit me with your best shot...Fire away.
68. goddess on the mountain top Burning like a silver flame
Who the hell names ANYTHING a Bananarama? A half a point for recognizing the song. Another point for not thinking it was Venus
69. When I see you smile I can face the world, oh oh, you know I can do anything You get one point for this cheesy song. Aren't you proud?
70. Let me hear your body talk
So where Would you buy leg warmers today? This was a 3 pt question!
71. You could have a blank blank if you'd just lay down your tracks
The steam train mushes his head.
72. That the touch of your hand Makes my pulse react
What's with all the Tina Turner songs about prostitutes? Anyway, it's an obscure line, so 4 points
73. Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad, I'm hot for teacher
Obviously Van Halen never met Herr Clark. 1/2pt
74. My name is Luka I live on the blank floor
Pop music tries to care about the world. Luka lives on the 2nd floor...child abuse victim.
75. I'm high as a kite and I just might stop to check you out
I've never had a blister pop in the sun. Most people know to GO INSIDE once they turn.. oh lobster red. 1/2 point
76. Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
Man... reach for the AquaNet it's big hair band time! (1pt)
77. And there's a storm that's raging through my frozen heart tonight
if he ain't missing her at all.. why sing about it? Someone's in denial. 1 pt.
78. Think of the tender things That we were working on
Veal? Goose liver? Marinated chicken breasts? Hormel Always Tender Pork? (1 point)
79. Believe it or not I'm walking on air
Pop up videos tonight... they changed the Greatest American Hero's name from Mr. Hinkley to Mr. H after Jodi Foster's # 1 Fan tried to take out Reagan. (1 pt)
80. No need to ask. He's a smooth operator ,
Sade has an amazing voice. 1 pt.
81. And I know that I'm right Cuz I hear it in the night
My secrets are all revealed on my web site. No need to eavesdrop on my dreams. 1 pt.
82. I tell you one and one makes three
Synchronicity: History Proff. says the name Stalin and the head jock, the head nerd, and the head druggie all headbang out this lyric at once. Who needs drugs, when you have this reality? 1/2 pt.
83. Warm smell of blank Rising up through the air
Colitas. Spanish for little tails. Most likely? Pot.
84. Her name is rio and she dances on the sand
So, I'm thinking Rio is the child of some potted out rich hippies who traveled a lot. 1 pt
85. By order of the prophet We ban that boogie sound
What an odd lyric. 2 points, no one ever gets this. They all say Kommisar.
86. And the southern girls with the way they girls They knock me out when I'm down there
Southern girls with the way they talk....
87. Owner of a lonely heart Much better than - a Owner of a lonely heart
Lonely heart is better than the owner of a broken heart? The songwriter must not have belived tis better to have loved and lost than never loved at all...
88. Why do we scream at each other? This is what it sounds like when doves cry.
Prince lives in the city.. this should be when Pigeons cry. 1 pt.
89. I got me a chrysler it seats about 20
Glitter on the mattress... huh??? (1 pt.)
90. In the name of love
Yes. The Irish mourning one the American Civil Right movement's tragedys. 1 point.
91. In your eyes I am complete
1/2 pt. Easy to guess.
92. Everybody knows smoking aint allowed in school
This is b/c Marlboro doesn't run the school boards. 1/2 point.
93. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome
4 points for knowing this bit of 80's obscurity
94. Like a blank cutting for the very first time
Surgeon. Weird Al does Madonna.
95. I cannot live I cannot die
5 points b/c I wrote this and can't remember what the hell song it's from. (ed: 11/1/3: yes, 50 people emailed me and said)
96. blank just don't understand
Parents. 80's music boiled down: Parents vs. Love.
97. Don't push me I'm close to the edge
Did you guess or do you know Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five? 1 pt.
98. Your mom threw away your best blank
Porno Mag. Go mom.
99. I come from the land down under
He just smiled and gave me a Vegamite sandwich.. 1 point
100. women not girls rule my world
Yeah they rule my world... 2 pts
Bonus Question 1: Oomp-ba-pa-mou-mou My heart's on fire for elvira
Giddy Up! 2 points.
Bonus Question 2: I've got friends in low places.
Duh. 1/2 point.
Bonus Question 3: Yes, I'm only a bill , And I'm sitting here on capitol hill .
Wow! You remeber your School House Rock, too! Bonus: 2 Hi, Mom. Mom bonus of 20 points.
5 point bonus for telling me where you saw this. Thanks!
Final Score: 148.5
My score should be higher, I said jessie's on #4
Yes I was a teenager in the early 80's ...
Current Mood: I must be old